Catholic Answers Quick Questions
Come join Catholic Answers Forums - The Largest Catholic Community on the Web

Saturday, January 2, 2010

New years quotes

I went to Mass on New Years eve at a church I had never been in before. There was a painting of Mother Theresa above which it said "Find your own Calcutta." Next to her was a painting of Solanus Casey above which it said "Let's see what the good God wills."
These two quotes really stuck out to me because I've been having a really hard time staying out of the future. I would really like to know where my life is going and it scares me a little bit, okay it scares me a lot, that I have no idea where I'm going. I was really upset about everything that had been happening when I walked into Mass. Seeing those two quotes really helped me to realize that A) I don't need to be in the convent in order to be evangelizing and B) It's okay that I don't know what His will for my future is, I just need to wait for Him to show it to me.
It's still kind of hard but I've decided that I need to take a break and so am not going to be posting on either of the vocations forums I've been a part of and have also decided to stop posting on the vocations blog for a while. I have no idea how long this is going to last or even if I'll be able to do it at all but I really feel like I need to try it because I think it will help a lot. Please say a prayer that I will be able to find the courage to actually do this.

JMJ+
~Betsy

Totus tuus Maria! Let's see what the good God wills.

2 comments:

Pachyderm said...

Great to find your blog, my friend! Thinking of you in your journey.

Have a look at my blog (www.pachydermnz.blogspot.com) and keep in touch!

Sr Therese

Miria Rose said...

YAY! I'm glad you found me!
<3 Totus tuus Maria!