Catholic Answers Quick Questions
Come join Catholic Answers Forums - The Largest Catholic Community on the Web

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Discrening with Hope

us One day I was talking to one of my friends and I was freaking out about my future and she said to me "Betsy, some day we are both going to be where He wants us and we will look in the mirror and think 'why was I so worried, of course it all worked out!' and everything will be fine. But most convents don't have mirrors so I guess you will have to use a really shiny spoon."
That was the inspiration for this poem.

What is my future going to be, where is He leading me?
Will it be marriage or religious life?
If it is religious life will it be somewhere else, or here with the SMME?

Will I ever know where this is leading? Will I ever figure this out?
How can I know what He wants of me?
What is my life all about?

I guess I just have to trust to Him everything, in and out of sight.
To offer it all to Him in the hands of my Lady.
To believe with all my heart that He will tell me when the time is proper and right.

Some day I will know what He wants of me. Looking in the mirror, or a really shiny spoon, I will realize how silly this worrying is. I will realize that He has always had me in His hands and why it was all meant to be.

So no matter how worried or confused you may be about His plans for your future, just remind yourself about shiny spoons and TRUST IN HIM!

Peace = Confusion + hope!

JMJ+

Totus tuus Maria! Let's see what the good God wills.

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

This is GREATTTT!!!! =) Love you!

Jessica said...

Hi, I'm new to your blog... I'm Catholic too :) Love the happy purple-ness of your blog!
Peace= confusion + hope... I really like that...

In Christ,
Jessica =)

Miria Rose said...

Hi Jessica!