Catholic Answers Quick Questions
Come join Catholic Answers Forums - The Largest Catholic Community on the Web

Monday, April 27, 2009

It's been a long time...

Sorry it's been so long, I got kind of distracted by being here. Also John and Lisa have a limited amount of internet space so I havn't even been on the internet that much.

I am having an amazing time here and am super sad that I have to leave, yet at the same time I can't wait to get home. It's a very strange feeling. Today Lisa made apple (apfel in German) strudal for dessert. It was so super good! Then Katie and I went to Akathist, which is a hymn to Mary likened to the Rosary except it is much more public where as the Rosary is more pravite. It was so beautiful and truly indiscribable, one really cool thing was that they had blue and gold stoles on!
On Saturday we went to Vienna, there is a huge open air market there called the Nashmarkt and there's a bunch of Kebop stands. That's what John and I had, Katie and Lisa had Chinese and Maria had a doughnut. They were one of the best things I've ever tasted. YUM! We also went to Schonbrunn, which was the summer palace of the Hapzburg family. In the back yard there is this huge garden and we sat at a fountian and ate bread with a garlic cheese spread and drank wine out of the bottle...I felt so Europen, even though you would never see a Europen doing that. We also gave the ducks butterkak, Maria loved that! She also spent a good part of the time chasing the ducks and other birds around the fountian. All in all I have had an AMAZING month here but can't wait to be home and tell everyone about it.

JMJ+
~Betsy


Christ is risen from the dead, by death He conquered death and to those in the graves He granted life.

No comments: