Catholic Answers Quick Questions
Come join Catholic Answers Forums - The Largest Catholic Community on the Web

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Sisters of Life.

Just for fun, I was perusing the Sisters of Life website, and I found these two quotes.

"The process of formation and development in the religious life has to be the process of the clay in the hands of the potter, the Divine Potter, Who shapes us uniquely to be filled with His Son, and yet each of us in a different way... If God wanted every religious to be exactly alike, then God would have created every human being exactly alike."
- John Cardinal O'Connor


Like a precious jewel that, when turned in different directions under the light of the sun, seems to take on new hues and strikingly different shades of beauty, so, too, each Sister, uniquely made in the image of God, gives a different gift, a new shade of beauty, when seen in the light of the Son.

These struck me because I have been feeling lately that my vocation story is not normal, I guess. When I read these quotes I realized that it's true, my vocation story isn't normal because I'm not like anyone else! This is true not only with religious life, but with every walk of like. There is NO ONE in the world who has your story. You are very unique and have your very own life story. I hope and pray that you use your unique life story to do some good in the world.

JMJ+
~Betsy

Totus tuus Maria!

3 comments:

Juggler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Juggler said...

Hey Bethsy! Thanks for your comments on my blog. I just wanted to say that I really like this post - I also find it hard sometimes to remember that God calls each of us in a special and personal way, and that no two vocation stories are the same! Peace, Kate

Brittany said...

I am also discerning God's calling to religious life. These quotes are beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Know that you are in my prayers!