Catholic Answers Quick Questions
Come join Catholic Answers Forums - The Largest Catholic Community on the Web

Monday, July 6, 2009

Sunday's second reading.

2 Cor 12:7-10
Brothers and sisters:

That I, Paul, might not become too elated,
because of the abundance of the revelations,
a thorn in the flesh was given to me, an angel of Satan,
to beat me, to keep me from being too elated.
Three times I begged the Lord about this, that it might leave me,
but he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you,
for power is made perfect in weakness."
I will rather boast most gladly of my weaknesses,
in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me.
Therefore, I am content with weaknesses, insults,
hardships, persecutions, and constraints,
for the sake of Christ;
for when I am weak, then I am strong.

I've known since I was twelve that I'm going to be a nun. It came to my attention lately that I don't really fit in anywhere because I'm not thinking about or concerned with what most seventeen year old girls are thinking about or concerned with. It has been very hard for me to deal with. On Sunday the bold really stuck with me and I was thinking about how counter cultural the concept of being strongest when you are weak is. This started me thinking about how counter cultural being a nun is. I don't really know what I'm trying to say with this but I guess I want to encourage you all to keep going even though it's hard being so counter cultural.

JMJ+

~Betsy


Totus tuus Maria!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bethsy, I was so happy that you came to my blog to comment. I think you are the first person who has come to see it!

I should like to follow your blog to see how you get along on your journey to becoming a nun. Perhaps you could follow mine too?

God bless you. I am here if you need anything.

Sr Leo.