Catholic Answers Quick Questions
Come join Catholic Answers Forums - The Largest Catholic Community on the Web

Thursday, June 2, 2011

You are a Priest Forever

wow it's been a long time since I've posted here. YIKES! My good friend Dan is being ordained on June eleventh (Please keep him in your prayers!) I was sitting at the piano a few minutes ago just messing around not really playing anything particular when what I was playing became "You are a Priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek" and then I wrote this. I wanted to get it onto my computer so it's legible and I don't want to post it on my facebook because I don't want him to see it until it's totally done.

You are a Priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek
You are a Priest forever, Christ here on Earth
With your hands anointed with oil you will heal the sick
With your hands you will forgive sins and bring Christ's true presence to Earth
With your feet you will walk as Christ walked to visit the lost and alone
With your feet you will live among the world, a light to the lost sheep searching for a shepherd
With your speech you will preach the Gospel to all
With your speech you will share the good news.
All of your being is dedicated to Him.
All of your being He will use
Yet the most powerful part of you is your heart.
With your heart you will love. You will love with the heart of Christ
With your heart you will love until it hurts
and with your heart you will win souls
You are a Priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek
You are a Priest forever, Christ here on Earth.

No comments: