Catholic Answers Quick Questions
Come join Catholic Answers Forums - The Largest Catholic Community on the Web

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Brand New Piggy Banks

The title of this post will make sense in a moment I promise!
I was talking to my friend Jenn about life and she came up with this analogy.

We are like a piggy bank and all our treasures are the money the bank.
God gives us our treasures and He wants us to leave them on the table so He can get to them easier but we, being stubborn, put the money back into the bank so we can keep it safe and sound. Then He has to break the bank in order to get the money out which hurts a lot. After much pain and heartache He gets all the money back on the table and says "okay I want you to leave this here on the table so I can use them." So we say "okay God, you can use my coins." Then a few minutes later we see one coin that we really want to keep "just for me". So we think "Oh it doesn't matter, it's just one little coin. What could it really be used for? I think I'll just take it for myself." We do that again and again until all the coins are in the bank again. Then He has to break the bank again and this is an on going cycle for many of us.
When you are given a brand new piggy bank don't make Him break it again. Leave your coins on the table and truly let Him use you!

JMJ+

Totus tuus Maria! Let's see what the good God wills.

No comments: