Catholic Answers Quick Questions
Come join Catholic Answers Forums - The Largest Catholic Community on the Web

Friday, March 12, 2010

Our Daily Bread

I don't remember where I heard or read this but lately it' s been coming back to me again and again. I was listening to or reading something about the Our Father. When he got to the line "give us this day our daily bread" he compared that to the manna in the wilderness. In the wilderness they only had enough bread to last them through one day and if they tried to save up for tomorrow the bread would go bad. This has been a reacuring theme in my life right now. Not just to trust God with my future in the convent but to trust Him with my today as well. It also made me think of the verse "Do not worry about tomorrow for today has enough worries of it's own."
I've been learning a lot in the past four and a half months just how much I'm really not in control of my life. I asked for my application papers in Nov. because I thought that was His plan for me. He showed me it wasn't so I applied for NET thinking that was His plan for me. That didn't happen so now my plan is to go to college and study American Sign Language. I have no idea what the next one to three years may bring, I don't even know how long I will be waiting to enter, but I have come to learn that no matter what happens He will give me my daily bread, not enough for tomorrow, or this year or this next three years, but enough for today!

JMJ+
~Betsy

Totus tuus Maria! Let's see what the good God wills.

1 comment:

sarah said...

Betsy,
That is beautiful. Remember he will provide you with it for a lifetime. You are so talented. I love you my sister.