Catholic Answers Quick Questions
Come join Catholic Answers Forums - The Largest Catholic Community on the Web

Thursday, July 8, 2010

I can journal again!!

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. I had my right hand in a splint for a month from falling down the stairs, spraining my wrist, dislocating my thumb and fracturing my elbow which made it rather hard to type. No worries though, it's all better now so I can type and I can journal again. Yesterday was the first day I was able to journal and I wrote four full pages! :D Here's two poems that I wrote yesterday.



Silver and Gold
What will you do with your silver and gold?
Will you use it to build idols, the useless things of the world
or will you use it to build a temple for the one true God?

Each one of us has our own wealth of silver and gold
Our talent and our gifts
What will you do with yours?

Thought it seems so hard to give it all to Jesus
It would be so much easier to be "normal" and keep it to yourself
In the end it is only by giving it all to the One who gave all for you
That you will be able to enjoy your wealth and help others

What will you do with yours?


The Beloved of the Crucified One.
Why would anyone do this?
Why would anyone freely choose to live a life of poverty, chastity and obedience?
What could possibly be reward enough to leave behind family, friends, career, money, and a family of your own, all the world holds dear?
The answer is simple, and yet so complicated a mystery
To become the Bride of Christ the Crucified One.
He is the only reason to live this life
Only in becoming one with Christ Crucified does this life have meaning.
To crucify my wants and desires in order to bring spiritual life to the world, to become a mother of souls and to show to others a foretaste of Heaven, all while more and more becoming one with my Christ crucified.
To become one with Christ crucified means to become crucified myself.
Joining my sufferings and trails to my Beloved one hanging on the cross.
To live out, every day, a share in the cross of Christ.
To, every day, through receiving Him in the Eucharist, become one with Him.
To give up everything the world holds dear is to gain in return the only thing that truly matters.
Christ Jesus Himself, crucified, dead, and risen again.
Though it is difficult, the rewards of being the Bride of Christ far outweigh the costs.

JMJ+
~Betsy

Totus tuus Maria! Let's see what the good God wills.

No comments: