Catholic Answers Quick Questions
Come join Catholic Answers Forums - The Largest Catholic Community on the Web

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Love

Peace and stillness fill my soul.
A silence a waiting are in my heart.
Waiting for what?
For something unknown and unseen.
For something so big I can never find it.
For something known as intimately as a friend and lover
For something I've seen again and again
For something so small I can never lose sight of it.
For God
The biggest paradox
Love
Beaten and battered
Love
Hung on a cross
Love
Left alone to die
Love
Dead
How can this be that Love could die?
Is not Love supposed to conquer all?
And yet here is Love dead.
But wait
Do not give up hope just yet
for if you wait you will see
Love's death
Conquers sin
Love's death
Saves us from sin
Love's death
Brings us to life
Love dead
Has risen again!

No comments: