Catholic Answers Quick Questions
Come join Catholic Answers Forums - The Largest Catholic Community on the Web

Thursday, July 29, 2010

YIKES!!

I just received an email from Sister Mary Rose who is the novice mistress for the cloistered Dominican nuns in Farmington Hills. I'm going to be visiting on August fifth, one week from today, to talk about discerning with them. I'm very nervous about it because until May retreat with the SMME I never would have thought about the cloister again. He made it very clear to me that I need to discern with these particular Dominican Nuns and so I'm doing it but I'm really nervous, scared and yet at the same time totally excited beyond words. I haven't stopped smiling since I got the email this afternoon but I'm shaking and have butterflies in my tummy as well. I have no idea where this is going to lead and I think that is what scares me the most.
I'm not so much scared that I will visit them and come to find out that that is where He wants me. I'm scared that I will go visit them, fall totally in love with the sisters and the life etc, and have Him tell me that's not where I belong. I don't know why that scares me so much. I know that I will only be happy and content where ever He wants me. But that happened to me when I went to visit the TOR sisters and it hurts. A lot.
But so much more then being scared and nervous I'm very excited! I get to say mid day prayer with them and have lunch with the priest who is giving their retreat as well as talk to Sister Mary Rose.
Please pray that I will have peace about all this and that I will be able to last this week without bursting from excitement. :D

JMJ+
~Betsy
Totus tuus Maria! Let's see what the good God wills.

No comments: