Catholic Answers Quick Questions
Come join Catholic Answers Forums - The Largest Catholic Community on the Web

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Cloistered Visit

I had my meeting with Sister Mary Rose this morning. I also met with the Prioress Sister Mary Thomas. I sat with the two of them from 10:30 until noon and talked about a little bit of everything. Sister Mary Thomas gave me a Job's Tears Rosary that had been made by one of the sisters and asked that every time I pray the Rosary to say the last Hail Mary for the Nuns. Sister Mary Thomas also gave me a book of vocation stories from their order and Sister Mary Rose gave me a book on Cloistered Dominican life as well as homework to read JPII's letter on consecrated life as well as the letter directed to cloistered nuns specifically. I was able to watch their vocations video as well then spoke to Sister Mary Rose a little bit more. I then went to the Chapel for noon prayer with them which was beautiful! I love the Divine Office very much. Sister Mary Rose and I were talking about the Divine Office and how it not only united those on earth who are praying it but also brings Heaven to Earth. One thing I thought was very interesting was that she said the Divine Office is an elongation of the Mass. I got a chance to stay in Adoration by myself for a little bit after prayer which was wonderful. Their Chapel is so pretty! They have a huge crucifix on the wall which I was looking at as I was praying. They also outside the Chapel have a shrine to the Infant of Prague and it was so pretty. I was able to have lunch with Father Jay, a Dominican from Saint Louis, who is giving the sisters their week long retreat. It was very fun to get to meet another "boy Dominican" and talk to him for a little while. I then called my mom so she could come meet the nuns then went back in the Chapel for just a few minutes then went back to the parlor to talk to Sister Mary Rose again. I also got to meet the postulant, the novice and two other professed sisters. My mom came in after a few minutes and so she also got to meet the sisters. It was quite amazing to see how evident the sisters love for each other is. I had a lot of fun and have been given quite a lot to ponder. We'll see what the good God wills. :D

JMJ+
~Betsy

Totus tuus Maria! Let's see what the good God wills.

No comments: