Catholic Answers Quick Questions
Come join Catholic Answers Forums - The Largest Catholic Community on the Web

Monday, August 9, 2010

God spoke very clearly to me through a conversation with a friend that I've been focusing way to much on my vocation to religious life and not enough on Him and my vocation to being an eighteen year old. This is something that is very hard for me to do because being the youngest of seven I've spent a lot of time trying to grow up quickly and now I'm having a hard time knowing how to let go and let God. There have been so many things in the past day that have given me encouragement and I thought I would share some of them in hopes that if anyone else is struggling with this these will help you as much as they helped me.

"It's often when we don't think about it, He comes out of no where to give us a hint
"

"When you reach the top, keep climbing. Little by little one walks far. The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today."

"Whatever did not fit in with my plan did lie within the plan of God. I have an ever deeper and firmer belief that nothing is merely an accident when seen in the light of God that my whole life down to the smallest details has been marked out for me in the plan of Divine Providence and has a completely coherent meaning in God's all-seeing eyes. And so I am beginning to rejoice in the light of glory wherein this meaning will be unveiled to me." ~Saint Teresa Benedicta

"Like a newborn baby, don't be afraid to crawl. Remember when you walk sometimes you fall. So fall on Jesus, fall on Jesus, fall on Jesus and live
. Sometimes the way is lonely and steep and filled with pain. So if your sky is dark and pours the rain cry to Jesus, cry to Jesus, cry to Jesus and live. When the love spills over and music fills the night and when you can't contain your joy inside dance for Jesus, dance for Jesus, dance for Jesus and live."

"Your vocation right now is to be a student and daughter. Our Lord will continue to lead you where He Wills!"

"Don't worry yourself ... there are no vacations from our present vocations ... and being "where you are" in life as a student is exactly where you belong! :) ♥"

"All is well. What could you not accept, if you but knew that everything that happens, all events, past, present, and to come, are gently planned by One Whose only purpose is your good?"

"'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope."~Jer. 29:11

There have been many more kind words and prayers being said for me. I know that with God and my friends to keep on encouraging me and lifting me up I will get through this.
God bless you all.

JMJ+
~Betsy

Totus tuus Maria! Let's see what the good God wills.

1 comment:

JoyceElaine said...

You are so awesome! :)

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE